Money Order Direct was built as an answer to the frustration of businesses who own their own money order company, or print money orders from their own stock. While other software exists with somewhat similar functionality, MOD excels where others have either failed, or simply refused to innovate. The best part about operating Money Order Direct is that we are actually willing to listen to your questions and actively work to reduce or eliminate your concerns and make managing your own money order company profitable and care-free.
“Thank you for your interest,
Money Order Direct was built as an answer to the frustration of businesses who own their own money order company, or print money orders from their own stock.
While other software exists with somewhat similar functionality, MOD excels where others have either failed, or simply refused to innovate.
The best part about operating Money Order Direct is that we are actually willing to listen to your questions and actively work to reduce or eliminate your concerns and make managing your own money order company profitable and care-free.”
- MOD takes security to a whole new level utilizing Secure Socket Layer 2.0 technology. This same security measure is used by financial institutions and e-comerce websites.
- All of MOD’s internet traffic is routed using this SSL 128-bit encryption.
- Our servers are hosted in a secure data center utilizing conventional anti-malware & anti-virus.
- The customer-facing verification utility uses code opotimzed to resist SQL-Injection attacks.
- Prevent Unauthorized modifications to your data by a 4-tiers of user restrictions.
- Allow some users full access while limiting others.
- Having two separate clients ensures even if an admin-level username is compromised, the system cannot be accessed without also having physical access to an admin client.
- User access level can be adjusted quickly and easily in the admin-client and are completely optional to use.
- While there is no way to be 100% protected; MOD servers redundantly store all of your data, so even if the database is lost on one machine, there is another with your data intact.
- Customer databases are backed up frequently and stored in redundant on and off-site storage.
- All of this occurs automatically, free of charge.
- Money Order Direct is uniue in it’s ability to print on any size or type of paper.
- Currently, we support Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows 7, & Windows 8.
- 5mb available hard drive space.
- Money Order Direct comes ready with pre-loaded reports for common queries including sales, current float, and cleared data.
- All of MOD’s reports can be exported to excel as a .csv file for further manipulation
- Reports can even be scheduled to be delievered to you e-mail at specific intervals.
- Keep tabs on your employee’s activity with the built-in Alerts functionality.
- Enable alerts to display on-screen messages to users when specific paramaters or “triggers” are met.
- You may also send silent e-mail messages to administrators if these same or other triggers are activated at any of your stores.
- If your company offers money orders at varying price points, we’ve already got you covered with store-specific fee tiers.
- Set different fee schedules for each store within your company right from the admin control panel.
- If you sell money orders always for the same price, or for no fee at all; we can handle that too.
- The front-end Graphical User Interface was designed to take up only a small amount of your user’s screen.
- The GUI will shrink buttons and hide details as you make it’s window smaller, all automatically.
- The GUI allows your users quick access to their most commonly used functions.
- The “Quick Create” functionality allows effortless money order creaton without the need for verification boxes, or lengthy interaction.
- Never worry again about what happens to your data when a computer crashes. All of MOD’s data is saved remotely on our secure severs. Every piece of the transaction detail, and even the software settings are stored off-site.
- The only piece of information stored on your computers is your Terminal ID, and your license key.
- You can be back up and running in minutes instead of hours.
Frequenty Asked Questions
Q. What operating systems does Money Order Direct support?
A. Windows XP,Vista,7 (32 or 64 bit)
Q. Will Money Order Direct run on my Mac?
A. MOD will only operate on windows operating systems. However, you can operate MOD if running windows on your Macintosh hardware, or in parallels.
Q. What are the prerequisites before I can run MOD on my computer.
A. MOD requires .Net 4.0 and SQL Server Compact 4.0 to be installed on each computer. These programs can be downloaded and installed for free from Microsoft, links are provided below:
.Net 4.0 download
SQL Server Compact 4.0 download
We also recommend that you obtain the latest windows updates from Microsoft.
Q. Is the information I transmit encrypted?
A. Yes, all transmissions between MOD clients and our servers utilize a 256bit encrypted Secure Socket Layer (SSL) certificate.
Q. What happens if the servers go down, am I unable to print money orders?
A. No, our servers have failover protection that allows an alternate server to automatically take over in the event of a failure.
In the case of a catastrophe where all servers are down, there is an offline processing mode built into MOD that will allow an authenticated user to still create money orders without a connection. These records are later synced and validated into the database.
Q. Am I protected from data loss?
A. While there is no way to be 100% protected; MOD servers redundantly store all of your data, so even if the database is lost on one machine, there is another with your data intact. Customer databases are backed up frequently and stored in redundant on and off-site storage. All of this occurs automatically, free of charge.
Q. What language is Money Order Direct written in?
A. MOD was developed using .Net 4.0, ASP . Net, and SQL Server 2008 R2.
Q. What printers does Money Order Direct support?
A. MOD provides official support for two printers:
Okidata 320 Turbo
HP LaserJet 2055dn
MOD can print to any printer that utilizes the standard Microsoft Windows API, however we recommend using our officially supported devices.
Q. How can I find out more about MOD or participate in a product demonstration?
A. Please drop us a line through our Contact Us page. We’d love to hear from you.